Sunday, April 25, 2010

Yves Colon saves lives

I've known our guest speaker, Yves Colon, since 2008 when I participated in the high school workshop at UM. He was the leader of the workshop, so I learned a lot of valuable information about journalism from him. Upon hearing what he did in Haiti, it didn't surprise me at all. He is the kind of person that really cares about others, and he will try to help them no matter what. I was very happy to hear that the radio program he produced in Haiti saved so many lives. In a time of crisis, people think that no one is out there to help them. I'm sure that after listening to the radio show, those people felt a sort of comfort to know that they were not alone. I'm glad that in this ever-changing world there is still compassion for human kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment