Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dancing with Death


Ever since I was a little girl, cars have been my passion. I may not look like it from the outside, but trust me, when I get behind the wheel of a car that's fast-- I'm a completely different person. When I am driving, I evolve from that shy, sweet girl to an aggressive, competitive, living-on-the-edge persona. The aspect of driving that I love best is definitely the adrenaline rush. It is just so exhilarating, so intoxicating. It's no wonder that Metin Senturk, a Turkish pop-singer, felt the same way. Only difference between he and I, aside from our nationalities, is that well....he's blind.

I think that it is an amazing feat for Senturk to have driven 182 mph in a Ferrari (my favorite car). The highest speed that I've ever reached was 125 mph. I cannot even imagine what an out of body experience it must have been for the Turkish pop-singer to have gone that fast without seeing. No wonder he called it a "dance with death."


If any of you want to read the article, here's the link: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/04/07/blind-man-takes-ferrari-mph-solo-drive/

Photo courtesy of hypebeast.com

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for posting a link and a photo!! I have never driven any faster than 90 miles per hour. I impressed with 125!!

    I would like to know more about how Senturk was able to drive unaccompanied. Technology is amazing.

    The story said Senturk was crying after the experience. I would have cried too - but I think mine would have been more out of fright!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I actually learned how to drive mostly by go-kart when I was around 9 or 10, so it comes naturally to me to want to drive as fast as a possibly can haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was about a year ago when I received a ticket for going 82 mph... how sad.

    ReplyDelete