Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where did time go?


WOW! I am amazed that yet another semester is coming to a close. I feel like college is just going to fly by, unlike high school haha.

Today was the last day of CNJ111. I'm pretty sad about it. I came to really enjoy the close knit conference style class setting we had. I've learned so much this past semester from Professor Wakhisi. When she told us in the beginning of class on the first day that we would have to strip down all of our old ways of writing and start from scratch, I thought, "I'm sure that she doesn't mean
completely...we're just merely going to add on to what we've learned in any journalism class over the years." I was wrong. In the beginning, I will admit, I did have a bit of trouble adapting to this new style because I discovered that writing is much harder than I originally thought it was. After a while, though, I caught on and I have now reinvented the way my mind processes for writing articles.

I really wish that the ethics discussion we had in class this morning was longer, or that we had more days to learn about this. I don't know why, but it fascinates me. Ethics is one of those subjects where there really is no concrete rule, because everyone has different opinions regarding it. What one person thinks is horrendous, like the photo of the man attempting to hang himself, is what another person deems as a perfect opportunity to publish in section A1. I honestly would have published that photo. I mean, yes, suicide goes agaisnt many religious beliefs, but the aspect of the photo was to inform, not to show something "wrong" or "unnecessary". The Cheerios factor maybe would make people gag, but then parents could use that time to explain to their children why suicide is not the answer. That is just the way I see it.

Anyways, I got to run or else I'll be late for my other class. This might be my last blog...or maybe not, we shall see. If it is, then good-bye to my fellow classmates. Have a great summer and hopefully we will run into each other in the fall :)

Photo courtesy of sott.net

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. I wish the ethics discussion went on longer. It fascinates me as well, how many different opinions that people can have. There were many in our class and there are only 7 people!

    ReplyDelete